2014년 9월 9일 화요일

Week 3: Articulation

Articulation


1) My argument
I want to argue that brain scan should be used to pick out criminals who have high possibility to recommit a crime. Many scientists argue that they can get information about the possibility of second conviction by studying some part of the brain with brain scan. So, I want to show the effectiveness of brain scan.


2) How I found my argument
While finding some research question that is related to 'Human Mind'. I thought about the difference between serial criminal's brain and ordinary poeple's brain. However, I could find that I can't write a persuasive essay with this topic. While doing research about this topic , I could get information about the brain scan, so I changed my topic to 'Brain scan should be used to pick out criminals who have high possibility to recommit a crime.' As I continued researching, I could read many articles that talk about the limits of brain scan, such as the limits of studying ACC. So, I couldn't decide whether to change my topic or not, but I made my mind to hold my opinion.  

 

3) New research questions
I have several questions that need to be resolved.

a) How can I prove the effectiveness of brain scan?
b) Is there any more information except information about ACC that can support my idea?
c) Is there any information that can refute opponent's opinion about ACC's insufficiency?
I will continue finding information that can satisfy my questions and support my idea.

4) Connections to the Harvard Sampler

This argument has connection to the Harvard Sampler, especially 'chapter 1. Human mind. ' According to the book, human mind has connection to human brain and my topic is about human brain. Also, the book mentioned about the information that scientists can get from the brain MRI and my argument is related to brain scan.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기