2014년 9월 9일 화요일

Research2 : Brain scans predict which criminals are more likely to reoffend



Source:Brain scans predict which criminals are more likely to reoffend http://www.nature.com/news/brain-scans-predict-which-criminals-are-more-likely-to-reoffend-1.12672

My Topic:
We should use brain scan to catch criminals.
 


 What I hope to learn from this source:
From the previous research, I could get information about specific brain part named anterior cingulate cortex(ACC). So, I want to know more about its function.



Notes:
1. There are more studies that can support my idea. Dystopian science fiction of writer Philip K. Dick and a neuroscientist at the non-profit Mind REsearch Network in Albuquerque, Kend Kiehl also insisted that brain scan can be used to find criminals.


2. The opponents can say that the part of the ACC examined in the studis is one of the most frequently activated areas in the human brain across all kinds of tasks and psychological states. Low ACC activity could have a variety of causes- impulsivity, caffeine use, vascular health, low motivation or better neural efficiency- and not all of these are necessarily related to criminal behaviour.

3. The anterior cingulate cortex (ACC) is a small region in the front of the brain involved in motor control and executive functioning

Final Thoughts:
I could get information about the role of ACC, but according to the text, there is a limit to use ACC as the only support information for my idea. So, I should find more information that can support my idea.
 

댓글 1개:

  1. You say, "So, I should find more information that can support my idea." but when you research, don't look for information that only supports your idea, look for information that makes you better informed about the idea SO you can support your idea better.

    답글삭제