2014년 9월 9일 화요일

Research1 : Can We Predict Crime Using Brain Scans?

Anterior cingulate cortex



Source:
Can We Predict Crime Using Brain Scans? 

My Topic:
We can use brain scan to catch criminals.
 

What I hope to learn from this source:
I want to know whether brain scan can really find criminals out. If brain scan can find criminals, I want to know how they can find criminals.


Notes

1. Postdoctoral scientist Eyal Aharoni, working at the University of New Mexico studied about criminal's brain by using brain scan. During the scan, the criminals performed some kinds of test(To press the button whey they saw X, and not to press the button whey they saw K). According to the result, impulsive people have a more difficult time preventing themselves from pressing a ‘K’ so they make more errors than the average person.   


2.After the criminals were released, Eyal kept an eye on that criminals for 3 years. More than half of them committed violent crimes again. So, Eyal compared the brain scans that they did before release. As a result, prisoners with the least activation in the anterior cingulate cortex during the task were most likely to commit a crime in the three years after being released-(Brain part named anterior cingulate cortex is related to the difference of criminal's brain)
 
3.The level of brain activation can also predict how long it would take before the person committed the crime.
 

Final Thoughts:
I could get information of reliable experiment which can support my idea(= brain scan should be used to catch criminals.) However, I want to find more information that can support my idea. Also, I still have question about how people can find criminals by using brain scan.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기